Amazing facts about beer!
A half pint of beer contains the same amount of alcohol and the same calories as a glass of wine.
- There are fewer calories in beer than in an equivalent volume of semi-skimmed milk or apple juice.
- Beer contains no fat and no cholesterol. Beer is also low in sodium. High levels of sodium intake are linked with high blood pressure and increased risk of heart disease and strokes.
- Beer is a natural product made from malted barley, hops and water. Beer is not made from chemicals and all beer is 'real'.
- Just like breakfast cereals, beer is a rich source of B vitamins which are an essential part of a healthy diet.
- Beer contains dietary fibre which is recommended in the diet because it reduces blood cholesterol and can reduce weight gain. A pint of beer can contain up to 30% of recommended daily fibre intake.
3,555 barrels of ale in it and twenty-nine metal hoops wrapped around it. Then on October 16, one of the hoops, on one of the vats
help them. The rescued were taken to a local hospital where a riot almost broke out. The
beneath rubble cried out for help. When the drinkers came to their senses they set out
INPUT "Please type your first name > ", firstname$
- Moderate drinking can be good for you. Drinking 2 or 3 units of alcohol per day has been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease. This is true of all alcohol not just red wine.
- Drinking a bottle of beer a day can reduce the risk of kidney stones by up to 40%
- Hops have been shown to have cancer fighting, anti-inflammatory and antibiotic properties and can help in the prevention of osteoporosis.
- The first to brew beer were the ancient egyptians.
- Prior to the 1400's ale was flavoured with herbs such as thyme and rosemary.
- There are around 61,000 pubs in the UK.
TEA.... no thanks, I'm drinking beer...
patients smelled the beer and thought they were being left out of a hospital party. They calmed
area where whole families lived in single rooms, cellars or attics. A small sea of beer crashed into nearby houses, flooded
'Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.' - Catherine Zondonella
'When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.' - Henny Youngman
'Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.' - Benjamin Franklin
'I drink to make other people interesting.' - George Jean Nathan
'Work is the curse of the drinking class.' - Oscar Wilde
'Beer, it's not just for breakfast anymore.' - unknown genius
'24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not.' - Stephen Wright